Montgomery County's deadliest area for motor vehicle crashes in 2019 clustered in the area north of our offices in Flourtown. All four crashes involved one vehicle and resulted in one fatality. The areas involved include:
- Westbound PA 73, near the intersection of Skippack Pike and Bethlehem Pike
- Bethlehem Pike, near the Pennsylvania route 276 overpass
- Pennsylvania Avenue, near the intersection of Commerce Drive
- Fort Washington Expressway, route 309, south of the Pennsylvania Turnpike interchange
According to the NHTSA's data listing, factors contributing to these motor vehicle crashes were as follows:
- Impaired driving
- Excessive speed
- Failure to use restraints such as seat belts or motorcycle helmets
- Intersection crashes or crashes near intersections
- Motorcycle, large truck, or bicycle involvement
- Pedestrian involvement
- Vehicles that departed the roadway
If you or someone you know has been involved in a traffic accident in Montgomery County, please give us a call. We know these roadways like the back of our hand since they are literally in our backyard. In addition, we wrote the book on how to maximize your recovery in a vehicle crash. Click here for a free copy of our Pennsylvania Accident Book.
Follow these tips if you are involved in an accident. Assuming you are safe, take lots of pictures of the crash site and surrounding area. Do not admit liability. Photograph any injuries you or others may have. Get immediate medical attention whether you think you need it or not. Some injuries may be masked in the moments after a crash and may not manifest themselves absent medical attention.
Call us today for a free consultation: 215-576-5150. We can help!